Ms. Reddy served in the Indian Foreign Service from 1975-2011. During her diplomatic career she served in Lisbon, Washington D.C., Kathmandu, Brasilia, Durban, Vienna and Bangkok. She served as Ambassador of India to Portugal (2004-2006) and to Thailand (2007-2009). She was Secretary (East) in the Ministry of External Affairs in Delhi (2010-2011) with overall charge of India’s bilateral and regional relations with Asia. She was then appointed as India’s Deputy National Security Advisor in the Prime Minister’s Office from 2011-2013.
Ms. Reddy has extensive experience in foreign policy, and in bilateral, regional and multilateral negotiations. In addition, she has expertise on security and strategic issues and has worked on strategic technology policies, particularly on cyber issues relating to cyber security policy, international cyber cooperation and Internet governance.
Ms. Reddy is currently involved with several organisations and think tanks, both globally and in India and holds the following positions among others:
- Commissioner, Global Commission on Internet Governance (GCIG)
- Distinguished Fellow, East West Institute, New York
- Member, International Advisory Board, Kaspersky Labs, Moscow
- Member, India-Pakistan Water Dialogue, South Asia Centre, Atlantic Council, Washington D.C.
- Director, Deccan Heritage Foundation, London
- Director, Board of Janalakshmi Financial Services, Bangalore
- Member, Bangalore Political Action Committee (B-PAC)
- Trustee, Bangalore Little Theatre (BLT) Foundation, Bangalore
Ms. Reddy’s other interests include travel, literature and the performing arts. She speaks English, Portuguese, French and several Indian languages including Hindi, Telugu, Tamil and Kannada.